Tuition and Policies
In Studio Lesson
At Home Lesson
Effective from September 2010
1. Regular semesters are Spring (January -June) and Winter. (September-December). The Summer semester is from July – August
2. Please read carefully the Studio policies, required materials and any other requirements before you register.
3. Discounts: for every new student referral (per family), you will receive $10 off one month's tuition.
4. Studio Holidays – Summer (1-2 weeks in August) and the Christmas break (Dec 24 – Jan 1) This is subject to change.
National holidays – Studio will still be opened during National holidays except Thanksgiving Day, New Year's eve and New Year’s
5. All lessons are by appointment only, usually once or twice a week as agreed upon during the introductory lesson. These lessons are payable on the first session for each calendar month.
1. Scores for assigned pieces, exercises and etudes.
2. Assignment note book and Assigned textbooks (RCM, theory exam requirements)
3. Music manuscript paper/dictation book (if asked)
Attendance and Payment Policies
1. Payments are due on the first lesson of each calendar month.
2. Late payments and/or "bounced" cheques may be subject to a surcharge.
a. Additional fee for Returned check
b. Late payments will be assessed $10
c. Make cheques payable to Hana Chung
d. To avoid any penalties such as late payment charges, I accept post dated cheques as well.
· ** It is necessary to ensure that these payments are received on time. Therefore a $10.00 late fee shall be assessed for any late payments. This late charge would best be paid at the time that the month's fee is remitted, or it will appear on the following month's statement.
3. Absolutely No Refunds for Missed or Forgotten Lessons.
a. Missed lessons will be rescheduled on teacher’s discretion. If there’s unforeseen circumstances (extreme illness or family emergency only) contact me as early as possible then I’ll provide a make up lesson. However, if you simply plan to miss any lessons, you will still be charged for you and/or your child’s reserved lesson time.
b. These fees reserve a weekly time slot which works like rent one would pay for an apartment. Fees are charged by the month, and are not lowered nor refunded for missed lessons, whether you choose to attend or miss the scheduled lessons.
For example, if you are planning to take some time off during the regular semesters to travel or to take a rest, you still need to pay me. (Exception- Summer semester: If you want to take entire or part of Summer semester off, you are not responsible to pay for those months that you will be away)
c. Students are given the opportunity for 4 makeup lessons/year.
d. If the instructor cancels a lesson due to unforeseen/special circumstances, students will be rescheduled at both parties earliest convenience or reimbursed fully.
e. The studio will be open for lessons on all other national holidays except Thanksgiving, New Years Eve and New Year’s for those who choose to be here. If you will be gone on a national holiday, please let me know as soon as possible so that I may adjust my teaching schedule to better accommodate those who will be here. Again, please bear in mind that there are no "make-ups" nor rate reduction for those choosing to be absent on national holidays.
f. Studio Holidays –Summer (1-2 weeks in August), Christmas break (Dec 24-Jan 1)
, Thanksgiving, New Year's Eve and New Year's.
4. No rate reduction those choosing to be absent on any dates except for Studio Holidays. (Exceptions: Summer Months from July 1-August 31)
5. Arrive ON TIME for your lessons. If you arrive late, the lesson must still conclude at the scheduled time, to avoid inconveniencing other pupils.
6. Regular attendance of lessons is an issue of responsibility and choice on the part of parents and students. Again, the studio shall not assume any financial responsibility for student's absence(s) due to illness, weather, sports, busy schedule, etc. The studio shall, however, assume financial responsibility should I (Hana Chung) become ill, be out of town, or cancel for any reason. I’ll provide make up lesson at both parties’ earliest convenience.
7. All policies are applied to current and prospective students.
8. Any changes in rates/policies will be notified by email. (For Current Students)
Termination of Lessons
If a student and/or parent should decide to terminate lessons at any given time during the year, the studio requires a TWO WEEK NOTICE. Regardless of when appropriate notice is given, such student/parent shall be financially responsible for the following two weeks.
1. A notebook is an integral part of the piano lesson.
The teacher may use it to specify week-to-week assignments, particular musical problems to be addressed, practice methods, or to indicate suitable daily practice guidelines. It is intended as a guide to the pupil's practice and progress, and should be used regularly. Doing so will help ensure MAXIMUM progress within a MINIMAL time-frame. Parents should also read the notebook regularly, as part of their ongoing interest in their child's musical endeavours.
2. Pupils should bring ALL materials currently under study (piano scores, theory books, etc.) to EVERY lesson. New materials requested by the piano teacher should be obtained promptly.
3. Practice and finish assignments for each lesson on a regular basis.
4. Choose a repertoire in consultation with your teacher. Your repertoire should encompass works from all stylistic periods and different genre, i.e., multi-movement works, shorter character pieces, etc.
5. Begin to memorize your music as early as possible. Exams, Juries and recitals should be memorized.
6. Studio Recitals are held every May/June and December/January. (Free of charge)
7. Introductory lesson lasts for 30 minutes to an hour.
8. Trust your teacher's judgment! It is based on years of training and experience, and always consider your long-term musical interests.
9. Any changes in studio policies will be notified by email. (For Current Students)
I sincerely hope that the combination of my teaching and your encouragement and discipline at home will make music a wonderful experience for you and/or your children.
Phone: (778) 835-0446